One of the ways VINE supports schools is creation of resources which can be used to help ensure safe and effective use of technology for learning and teaching. Today we're excited to announce the release of our second round of animated short films.
The new series of films address three more common topics relating to ICT use in schools: Passwords, Personal Brand and a Parent Guide to managing their children's use of technology.
Below are links to all films on the VINE YouTube channel. The films are publicly available to enable schools to embed them in newsletters, play them at parent nights and device deployment days, post them on websites or use them how they see fit.
You can do this! Season 1
- You can do this! - Encourages people to have a go at resolving ICT problems for themselves.
- Data breach - This video aims to raise awareness of data breaches and how to avoid them.
- Phishing - This video aims to raise awareness about phishing attacks and how to prevent them.
You can do this! Season 2
- Passwords – This video aims to explain how to craft a strong password and how to manage some of the challenges of account security.
- Personal Brand – This video provides guidance to young people on how to take control of their personal brand.
- Parent guide – Sensible advice for parents around management of their children's use of technology.
Thanks to Nourishing Media who produced the films and members of the VINE committee who contributed to their development.